Microneedling is an amazing way to shrink the look of pores on your skin and make your face truly glow with beauty and youth. Even so, there are important things to be aware of when it comes to microneedling, whether it’s to prepare for the procedure or recover afterwards. To learn about what these care tips are, we here at Beauty Fairy have come up with a blog post all about it.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a revolutionary cosmetic procedure that has grown in popularity over the last few years. In 4-5 treatments (on average), this procedure can make your skin glow and look its absolute best. This procedure, in simplest terms, uses tiny shallow needles to cause microscopic injuries onto the skin, encouraging the healing process and growth of collagen. It can heal/treat a number of issues on your face, including:
- Scars from surgery or acne
- Fine lines/wrinkles
- Loose, saggy skin
There are certain things that should/should not be done before undergoing this treatment. Please note that it is always important to ask any questions you may have to your doctor / the professional doing the treatment so you can get full clarity on how to prepare. If you follow the tips below in addition, however, you are at a much better chance of having an 100% effective & safe treatment.
- Avoid Accutane for at least six months prior to this treatment.
- Don’t use any topical creams/ointments that increase skin sensitivity for a week before treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory meds for 3 days minimum before treatment.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure for at least two weeks before treatment.
- Do not shave the day of treatment, as this will irritate the skin. If you need to shave the area due to thick hairs, shave a day before treatment.
- Stay away from blood thinning medication a week prior to treatment, as bruising is a common side effect of this procedure.
One would imagine that once a procedure like this is done, you can just get back to your normal skincare routine and act as though nothing happened. If you want healthy and effective results, however, you will need to take care of your skin even after this procedure is completed. Some of the advice we recommend is as follows:
- Do NOT take anti-inflammatories for at least a week after the procedure.
- Do not ice the area that was treated, as this can interfere with the natural healing/inflammatory process.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for two weeks minimum. After 24hrs of receiving the procedure, you should wear sunblock and wear a hat if you will be outside.
- Using Tylenol is perfectly fine to relieve any possible soreness or discomfort you may have.
Let Our Team Help
In need of microneedling services but you’re unsure where to look? If so, no need to look any further because we here at Beauty Fairy can help! Our professionals work hard to provide our patients with beauty services that go above and beyond the normal beauty clinic. For years, we have transformed the look of our clients’ appearances in a safe and highly effective manner through advanced skills and techniques. To learn more about our microneedling in Richmond Hill and how we can help, be sure to call us at (647) 990-4679 today! We look forward to hearing from you.